Sunday, May 25, 2008

One more week of school and I can't wait. I'm so ready for the relaxed schedule of summer. Not worrying about bedtime, getting up a bit later and best of all no homework!! We've been busy lately getting rooms ready to move the kids around. We had some new carpet put in upstairs, so I hurried and painted the room the boys are in now for the girls. Then I painted the room downstairs for the boys. We bought a couple of new mattresses and are looking for some bedroom furniture for the boys. We are going to move it all around next weekend. I still need to paint the bunkbeds for the girls. Then I think I'll be done painting for awhile. Katie and Chase had a piano recital on Friday, so I thought I'd try some video. I messed up Chase's at the recital and had him do it again at home. This time, I made the mistake of holding my camera the wrong way, so anyone watching gets to watch it sideways. Perhaps somehow this keeps your brain sharper by throwing it off a bit. I don't know. Wouldn't life be boring if every thing worked out the first time. I didn't want to leave anyone out so I got some of Connor playing basketball on the sly, he won't let me take pictures of him. Kennadee wanted to model her new swimsuit, so I got her to sing.

3 comments:

crazy lady said...

I LOVE those videos!!! I remember all too well the piano recitals. But, I have to say that the piano has been a blessing in Kelsey's life. The shark song is hilarious! What drama:0) And it's cool to see Connor in action. There is something about him that reminds me of Jaron at that age. Cute kids! You're doing such a great job mom! I too am excited for summer. Though I fear that I have way too much packed into the first half and I'm sure the second half will fill rapidly as well. Will you be at Wildhorse this year? Hope so! Thanks for sharing the videos. Ask Celiac about the sideways filming. She has some nice waterfall video from New Zealand like that...

jo said...

Video taping sideways...done it :) I have the cutest video of Carter...you have to watch it sideways, though! He was sitting up. So, verticle seemed to make more sense...until I tried to watch it on the computer. Oh well...I was happy to show Aaron that I wasn't the only one...so THANK YOU! We'll never do it again, though, and that's the important part...we learn!!! I'm jelous you guys are done with school this week, I'll have to try not to think about you sleeping in next week :0) About those videos...FANTASTIC JOB Katie and Chase! Kennadee....lovely! Connor ...let your mom take your picture so I can see you ;) Candid shots are the best,anyway!

Lost Woman said...

I'll have to wait until my return to the states to view these darn it! It is taking forever to load them.
As for the sideways thing. Almost half of my video clips from New Zealand were sideways, and I still keep doing it!!
Send pics of the rooms when done!!