Tuesday, April 1, 2008

(I can't delete this stupid picture and I don't know why. Sometimes I feel hoplessly illterate and I don't like it.)
I know that all of you who read my blog have been waiting breathlessly and wondering what is going on in my incredibly exciting life. HA HA HA HA HA HA. Really I know it's not that big of deal. I pretty much stink at keeping up on this and nothing exciting happens all that often. Here's some catch-up. In February, Chase turned 9. We celebrated over a few days. He took some of his friends for pizza and to a fun park. Mikes family came up on President's Day for dinner and games. Then we went to a movie. The best part was he didn't make me make a cake. My mom made the best cakes for us when we were little. Those cut up kind. So I thought it would be fun to do for my kids. They love it, I guess. I hate it. I seriously stink at it. You can't have every talent. My cakes have had so many serious goof-ups and looked so bad, Mike just laughs. Lucky for me, this time Chase wanted cheesecake, which I can totally do. Hooray for Chase. Here's a scary fact. When people ask who my kids look like, I really don't know or don't see it. They just look like themselves. A little while ago, our Primary asked for a picture of a parent at the same age as their child. Since I don't have many of Mike when he was little, I pulled out this one of me. I realized it was Chase with long hair. Crazy. All the kids in the primary knew it was his parent. Wow.

Katie is now signed up for soccer. She is so exicited that when we heard it was starting. she stared wearing her uniform every day. I had to practice with her when Connor wasn't available but she prefered him because "he knows what to teach me."
By the way, the snow is gone and we thought spring was coming. Then we woke up yesterday to 3 inches. Luckily, it is gone today. I am grateful for the moisture, I just prefer it as rain. Mike and I celebrated our 15th anniversary with a trip to (drum roll) Salt Lake City!!! It was actually really fun. We spent a day skiing a Deer VAlley. It was great just to be together without any little people for a few minutes. Now I am getting ready for Connor's 12th birthday. Holy cow, I can't believe he is twelve. How does this happen. Also trying to get our taxes in and preparing for some bedroom hoping (involves a lot of painting. ) We'll post some pictures later. Adieu for now.

4 comments:

crazy lady said...

Soooo glad to see you back posting! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had trouble posting pics. I love the you and chase comparison. I would have said Kate is more of a look alike, but you have the photographic evidence to prove it. It's hard for me to imagine it's been 15 years since I attended your wedding. You don't look much different to me now than you did then. Cute then, cute now!

Lost Woman said...

Ok, I can say that I HAVE been checking regularly to see what you are up to, or just imagine your voice as I read your blog.
My first question is what is Chase wearing for pants in that birthday picture? I hope its a blanket, but I imagined it as some sort of crazy pants/pj bottoms.
The Chase/Amy comparison is quite spooky. I also see so much of you in Kate and also your mom in her too....

Love the soccer pics and all the update. It is SOOO NOT boring to me. It is a breath of reality (much needed).
Keep sharing. If it seems mundane to you so what! I really love just hearing the daily little observations.
Honest!
xoxo

My Angels said...

I don't know who they say that you look like, but the "pair of jeans" that Chase took from you, look like they once belonged to Grandpa Gordon. It is crazy to hear and see what other peoples perspectives are. Two neighbors have already said that Des's new little one looks my mom.???? I don't see it at all, I see Jason's mom.

michandler said...

Great post. I too have been checking in to see what is new with you. I think Chase looks alot like your dad. I think if you got a picture of him at that same age...wow! Always fun to know what is new with you.