Wednesday, July 30, 2008

sleeping out

Last night the kids talked me into sleeping out on the trampoline with them. It's fun for the first little while, because they really talk to me. But the sleeping part is a joke. I don't know if it's me or the tramp, but last year I slept out with them a couple of times and it was ok. This year, everyone is on top of me, of course, and it really hurts my back. I don't think I'll do it anymore. Famous last words, right. Anyway, one thing I didn't think of was putting on bug spray. The mosquitoes usually aren't to bad around here. In the night I heard a couple buzzing around, so I kept my head in the bag.
When I saw Kenna this morning, I knew I'd made a mistake. The boys were both ok, I guess they kept their head in or Kenna just tasted better. It was a bad mother moment.

3 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Ok that looks like a lot of bites on miss Kenna.

She must be tasty.

jo said...

Poor Kenna :( You may not be the only one not wanting to sleep out on the tramp again :)

crazy lady said...

I think I mentioned the time I stayed and Gramma Hall's house and got bit by mosquitoes so badly I woke up with my eyes swelled shut and thought I was blind? She has my sympathy. That look she gave you is enough to give anyone a bad mother moment. Classic guilt trip material that!
I survived and I'm sure she will too!