Sunday, July 20, 2008

Summer

I love summer!! It's so busy, I feel like we try to squeeze in as much fun and family as possible, but without the strict schedules of school. Since last blog, I've been to girl's camp (tons of fun plus one rattlesnake) Connor went to his first scout camp and came home alive, we had our annual 4th of July neighborhood party (no one was burnt to badly) and been to Wildhorse. Wildhorse was the highlight so far. There was good company, beautiful scenery, excellant food and conversation, plus a million mosquitos and a smelly toilet. Camping at its finest. Did I mention four-wheelers. These kids could never get enought. Day one we hiked up to a waterfall I hadn't seen before. It was very pretty. Grandma even made this hike, which was excellant. We also spent some time at the swimming hole. The water was deeper and colder this year, so Connor was unable to break his record of thirty -something jumps from last year. He only had ten or so over two days worth. Due to cold water, there was more time spent in the sand/mud. Despite the cold water, Mike joined the boys jumping in this year. I think that he wanted to get clean. That night I had a chance to begin my dutch oven cooking career with lessons from the master (Roberta). She made an excellant dinner and I made a chocolate cherry cobbler. The next night I made lasagna for my family, which turned out ok, but I need more practice. It's fun to try something new. On day two, Gordon brought up a horse and let the kids have turns riding. This has been a dream of Katie's since she saw a brochure on horseback rides up Logan Canyon last year. She was so excited. Thanks Gordon and Roberta, for letting the kids ride. I almost forgot my little model. She would say, "Rese, take my picture." Or "Grandpa, I'm ready to have my picture." We've been working on saying Thank you. I say," Kenna, when someone says you look pretty, what do you say?" "I know." she says. I love the confidence. Wish we could all have/keep it. The trip finished with some time at Grandma and Grandpas with dinner at the Mackay drive-in, another highlight for my children. Many thanks to Grandma, Cerese, and Grandpa for all the hard work they do putting this reunion together. I finally got the girl's curtains hung, so here is a look at their room.

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

I remember having the same problem with I was little. When someone would compliment me, I didn't know how to respond, so I just said "I know." I believe aunt Cerese was the one to inform me of the correct response.

jo said...

The girls' room looks very cute...I like the colors. Gee, we must have been at the same Wildhorse :) Good Times!

crazy lady said...

It was sure fun to see you and the fam. Such distinct and wonderful personalities. And Kenna's right, they ARE cute.
The room is darling! I be the girls' love it. Hope to see you again soon. In the meantime, enjoy yout summer and keep on bloggin!

Lost Woman said...

Hey the girls room looks sooo cute! Did you make the bedspreads? That top one looks like a super cute quilt. Love the colors.
So great to see your whole family at wildhorse and another thanks to YOU and yours for helping me do some final packing. I was sure dragging at the end. I have some pics to post of you and yours as well.

ps. I'm glad you like the Italy pics.We will have to take a trip together sometime. It is always fun to see someplace through someone elses eyes

michandler said...

Looks like the kids built some great memories. It's great to build those family connections. Sorry we missed you this summer. Love the girl's room. You are very creative and have a good eye. Kids are funny with their personalities/egos. Nothing wrong with a little self-confidence!