Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to Katie

Yesterday was Katelyn's seventh birthday. She isn't the oldest in her class, but almost. The kids started school a few days ago. Mike's parents took us to dinner at a local restaurant and this is what they brought Katie for her birthday. It was huge.Katie couldn't wait to open her presents so we did it right after breakfast. She was really excited about her sticker machine and her Indiana Jones legos. She invited two friends over for cake, play, and miniature golf in the afternoon. They didn't like the golf course so much because it didn't have castles and Ferris wheels and those types of holes, so they ended up playing in the water. She chose a football cake, (another masterpiece for me). All in all a terrific day.






These pictures are from our last trip of the summer. At the beginning of the summer, we asked each of the kids to tell us one thing they would really like to do during the summer and we tried to get that in. Connor had said Wildhorse and the Unitahs ( he couldn't keep it to one), Chase said Lava Hot Springs, Kenna didn't really care and Katie's choice was a camp out with just our family. We did it the weekend before school started. We drove up on Sunday after church and came home Tuesday. We really had a great time. Katie just bounced with happiness the whole time and we got in everyone's request. We camped in St. Charles Canyon, by Bear Lake. There was a stream behind our campground and the kids kept saying, "Oh, Grandpa would love to take pictures of this." So they took me everywhere Grandpa would like to take a picture and I took them. A few are on the side. On Monday, we hiked to Bloomington Lake. This was everyone's favorite. The hike was like the hike to Fall Creek, about 1/2 a mile and easy, but it got you to this beautiful mountain lake. The boys loved the rope swing off a tree. Kate swang out also, but didn't drop into the water. We spent the whole afternoon there. I just took pictures and watched. It was relaxing. You could fish there too. The next day, we saw a moose by the water, just behind our camp. I didn't get a picture, too many trees. Then we went to Minnetonka cave. That's also fun. We spent the afternoon at Bear Lake and came home. I think it might have been my favorite trip of the summer.

5 comments:

crazy lady said...

Oh MY Gosh! That rope swing into the water looks like so much fun! And the scenery was gorgeous. Grandpa, Celiac and Crazy would all love to see that I'm sure.
And 7 years old already! Holy Moley! What a fantastic cake! I'd say it was a masterpiece. What a great way to end the summer.
Now you can get back on schedule. But what great memories you made. I love that you were able to accomplish so much with the requests. Thanks for sharing.

jo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATIE! I made that cake for Aaron a few years back....your goal posts look like they were so much better than mine! I was praying mine would stay standing at least for blowing out the candles! Looks like you guys ended the summer on a good note....those are some of my favorite vacations, too...just my little family:)

Lost Woman said...

Happy Birthdy Miss Katie!!
She looks so excited at the huge dish from the resturant. Cute.
Your final vacation looks soo great. I'm jealous.
How cool that all the kids got their wish and you got quality family time to boot.
As for the rope swing. It looks too high for me to let go too. yikes.
Maybe the photos distort it?
loved seeing this post.

My Angels said...

I love hearing the different ideas and things that you do with your family, letting each child have their own summer dream is so neat. Makes me realize how much more I can and should be doing. I get wrapped up in what I want a little more often than not.

michandler said...

OOOOh that rope swing looks fun! I've always wanted to do something like that. Looks like the kids had fun. Happy birthday to Katie. What a creative mom she has!