Thursday, January 29, 2009

Box Child

Before Christmas, we received quite a few packages in the mail. Amazon was Santa's friend. Anyway, one day Kenna was so excited about this box. She took it in her room and played in it, put her dolls in it, etc. Later in the afternoon, she came and told me to come look at it. She had it all set up on her bed with her pillow and blanket inside. She has slept in it ever since. The sides only held up a day or two before collapsing (it was a shallow box.) I keep asking her if she's done with it. Absolutely not. The other night, she woke up crying. When I went in to see what was wrong, she started yelling at me for throwing her box away. I hadn't, but she had slid down off of it while sleeping and couldn't feel it anymore. Are there long term effects to this? Will it go to college with her? Does it bod well for her life's ambitions? I'm just not sure. Speaking of her life's ambitions, I'm pretty sure one of them is to be a diva princess. She put this show on for us the other day. She couldn't figure out how to hold her guitar and microphone at the same time.

5 comments:

Farahlyn said...

You could look at it this way, if Barack Obama IS the Anti-Christ, you're just preparing her for future sleeping conditions!

michandler said...

Isn't funny what kids get attached to. Somehow the box doesn't fit with the whole princess image though. I would have expected silk or satin to be more her style than cardboard!

Lost Woman said...

The box fetish is hilarious!
Pink shoes...check
Sparkly lipgloss.....check
Bedbox.....check
It is a bit inconsistent, but it is for that reason that I love it some much!! I think she is a tough nut who covers with the princes veneer.

She just MAY be taking a tiny cardboard security scrap to college with her.

Lost Woman said...

ps. I can't figure out how to turn off the music on your blog so I can hear Kenna's performance. Am I missing the obvious?

wallymom said...

There is a pause button on the upper left corner.