Wednesday, November 16, 2011

projects

Don't women love projects?  I think it all goes to our need to create.  Here's the last dress I finished for the Prom Locker.  Michelle picked it up at a garage sale for $8.  She said I could play with it and it would be ok if I ruined it. Apparently, I forgot to take a before picture, it might be on the Prom Locker blog.  Anyway, it was ugly.  Baggy, plain, grandma looking, gathered sleeves.  I tried to make it more fun and current.  Here is the finished product.
I also repainted my front room and got some new furniture for it.  I had an old wooden window frame from my mom that I wanted to put in there.  I painted it and distressed it.  Then I made this cool book page wreath. Mike doesn't like it but I do.  I also found a sweet new light fixture at DI for $10.  It was still in the packaging.  I'll post a pict later.  I love my new room.


8 comments:

Lost Woman said...

How fun!
Your dress is anything but "old lady". Very cool.
Boy.... do I have some dresses for you to play with!

What color is the new front room? It is hard to tell from the photos.

The wreath is fun, I saw something like that on stumbleupon.

Next time you'll be sure to get the "before" shot right?

(:

crazy lady said...

How FUN! I think it all looks grand. The dress looks VERY current and cute. Bet it will be popular :0)

Celiac reminded me about your site and I checked it out. It's fun! And so nice that there are some affordable options out there.

You ARE a great creator!

michandler said...

Very creative. It would have been fun to see the before but the after is very nice. it's fun to do creative things around the house.

jo said...

Fun dress...animal prints are always "with it" ;)

I've seen that wreath floating around blog world...FUN!

The Desiree said...

Wait a minute, wasn't that last picute same picture as the one you used when you painted the room purple? J/K.

I love all your projects. I am so with you on the project thing. Sometimes they are the only things that keep me sane!

thompsonmania said...

http://thepromlocker.blogspot.com/2011/09/wild-thing.html

Here is the before dress pic.

thompsonmania said...

Dang. That didn't link correctly did it? sorry. I don't know why.

crazy lady said...

Ok that link DID work. And WOW! Amy you jazzed that baby up big time! Way to go!